The StepMomma’s 2017 Goals [RECAP]
Decluttering Fixing up House A Fixing up House B Making healthier food and life choices
- Saving more moolah
- Paying off all debt (excluding student loans, mortgages)
Weekly Bible Studies with the kiddos
- Reading my entire bible all the way through
- Hosting a Bible study in our home
Becoming a DBA and LLC for my personal business More family time Learning to cook one decent meal for the family Only wearing jeans one day/week… Read more.
I set a lot of goals last year. I’m really happy that 10/14 of these are marked off. Here’s my annual update.
1) We decluttered SO MUCH while we were moving. and now that we’re HOME, we can see what we really.. still don’t need. and it feels SO GOOD. I have a box of dishes I’m giving to 21 when he gets his house, he and his girlfriend are working on it.
2) House A is fixed up and SOLD in October
3) House B is fixed up and has been on the market since opening week of Deer Season. 11 showings. Hoping someone will love it and call it home soon.
4) making healthier choices is a daily choice. Yesterday I ate pizza rolls and pretzels. Tonight I’m eating soup for dinner. It’s a choice every day. But this time last year, I never would have touched a bowl of freshly made turkey soup. Ever.
7) We’re still working on this. But the first year my prince and i started talking, not even dating really, he got me this Beth Moore devotional, i don’t even remember what it’s called. but we’ve started reading it with the kids every night they’re over. It talks about the birth of Christ and is real simple. It helps us to spend 10 minutes with them and get their thoughts or opinions. or just tick them off. Either way, we’ve started.
11) Now that we’ve moved, we get to hang out as often as we want. it’s so nice.
12) I can make several chicken dishes. I made a B.A. Lasagna, I make a few pasta dishes. I need to keep learning.
13) I probably wore jeans 2 total days in 2017. I win.
14) This is also a daily struggle. but most days at work, i begin with a few blog posts about topics that are intriguing to me and appealing. I count this as reading, even if it’s not hard, physical books. Now that we’re moved and settling, i want to finish the Magnolia Story and the rest of the other couple books I’ve got open.
2018 goals to come.