We are one whole month into 2017, Happy February, y’all!
I thought that today would be as good a day as any to check in and check up on our “New Years Goals” we might have set a month ago. Some people have already chucked them out the window, some people are still going strong. I see you on my Instagram feed with your daily check-ins, I see you. As a hope for accountability, and since you are the only people who know my New Years’ goals, I’m going to check in each month and see how things have progressed! So here goes!
The StepMomma’s 2017 Goals:
- Fixing up House A
- Fixing up House B
- Making healthier food and life choices
- Saving more moolah
- Paying off all debt (excluding student loans, mortgages)
- Weekly Bible Studies with the kiddos
- Reading my entire bible all the way through
- Hosting a Bible study in our home
Becoming a DBA and LLC for my personal business
- More family time
- Learning to cook one decent meal for the family
- Only wearing jeans one day/week…
- Read more.
1. We have begun the “Decluttering” process. The kids are even in on it. They realized how much more space they will have in their room if they get rid of the things they don’t use, the clothes that don’t fit, things they don’t want. I try to encourage them that it will save them toys and clothes, because otherwise I will step foot into their room with a trash bag and they may need to pray to God for mercy on their toys. Motivation.
We’ve made at least 2 full trunk-loads of donations to The Salvation Army or to my sister, who loves my hand-me-up clothes. We have boxed more books, packaged up more items and finally stored away every piece of Christmas decor that we have. There is progress here.
4. This is always a struggle when your family is on a different schedule or mind set. I am actively trying to change our white breads to wheat or whole grain. To eat less processed food, to be more intentional about vegetables with every meal. Drinking more water. I drink at least 2 bottles of water at work every day (48 oz) and aim for 3.. but it gets tough, you pee a lot when you drink a lot. Luckily my desk is 5 feet from the Ladies room. Slow but steady.
5. We just emptied our savings and bought a new car, so this goal is more prevalent than ever. Our car has seen better days and it’s 100% necessary that we got a new one. The beauty here is that we had enough money to purchase one with our own cold, hard cash and didn’t take a loan for a pretty decent car. Now, we are actively trying to replenish the funds and begin saving more for our future home.
10. I have my DBA! It wasn’t as scary as I thought it’d be.
12. I’m trying. Monday night I made spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread and garlic green beans for Prince Charming and I. Spaghetti is something that I have been able to cook for years, but this week it was especially good. I think it’s because we used wheat noodles. PC doesn’t like “wheat substitutes” but he said he really couldn’t taste the difference this week. I’ll just take it as a win, either way.
13. Jeans one day/week? I think I’ve worn jeans one time this YEAR. I love lula forever.
14. Just finished Jen Hatmaker’s For the Love and am currently working on a book review for Jennie S. Allen’s Restless. Have a stack of books to get through, just don’t know where to start!
How are YOU doing with your goals?